Workshops

Monday, July 01, 2013

my little labyrinth

 It's the 1st July and I have finally finished my labyrinth piece. here are a few little bits and pieces - lots of hand stitching it would seem.



 Lots of different threads and fabrics and bits and pieces

 And in case no one knows where my labyrinth is....

Just that bit of red here and there


Llooks like one way up and then the other - little stones collected in river beds in the South Island. it's amazing what you bring home in your hand bag - no wonder it weighs a ton. last seen there were 6 lipsticks inside as well and I hardly ever wear lipstick.

and there you go - now I have to get started on my artful journey piece for the exhibition here in Perth at the show in August - there are some lovely works rocking up to my house. I am experimenting with scrim and stuff and having a great time. I shall be sharing my experiments with our e-mag subscribers.

We had a great evening last night and this morning watching the Rugby Seven World Champs. Shame there were few people to see them. Wonderful win to the All Black Men and Women's Sevens teams.

Last night we finally made it to Jamie's Italian Restaurant - I booked so long ago I had nearly forgotten but they remind you. We enjoyed it. Friendly staff -  good food - not expensive.

6 comments:

Felicity said...

I love this! It looks like it grew - it has such a feeling of life and energy. Really lovely.

Heather said...

Love this stitchy piece and the little embellishment of the outline of New Zealand.

Jackie said...

Lovely. Its going to be hard for me to live up to if your artful journey piece is as good as this.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous piece of work Dale, love the circles and stitching. I only have to add hangers to my piece so I hope to have it to you shortly.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous piece of work Dale, love the circles and stitching. I only have to add hangers to my piece so I hope to have it to you shortly.

Catherine said...

fantastic Dale. Love the colours

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...