Workshops

Saturday, March 30, 2013

We love Easter in Perth

 Mostly because everyone goes away and it is quiet. Bring it on more often. We love it. This is the eucalyptus tree growing outside our front gate with these lovely yellow flowers and the red pods you can just see at the top.

 We have lived here for 20 years and this is the first time we have been to the City Farm - walked down across the freeway etc and nearly got cleaned up by all the cyclists out on the footpaths. One did actually say thank you as he passed us by. We bought organic stuff which was great and now we will go again next Saturday.


 Watching the rugby and great to see the Hurricanes win.


 Since I got back from Albany I have been very keen to play with the encaustic stuff so I bought myself a griddle/frypan thing at Kmart and some tins to melt the wax in - this is the Jacquard encaustic wax which we now have and I have melted a little metallic gold in the muffin tray.


My first little effort - khadi paper sprayed with Oppulence paints - silk fibre paper sprayed with Starburst Sprays - lutradur coloured and stamped  - with added foil, shiva stik and pan pastel. No stitch though but a very good start.

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I like you first effort with the new griddle Dale. I must try and find one of those in the UK.

Heather said...

Love your experiment Dale - I am always tempted by the new things you show us but really must make more of those I already have.
Enjoy your quiet weekend - those eucalyptus flowers are gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...