Workshops

Monday, October 22, 2012

Still relaxing in Le Luberon




Today we went to the markets at L'isle sur Le Sorgue - even got up early. We didn't buy much other than yummy fresh food for our dinner tonight but we enjoyed wandering around. We stopped for coffee and Ian spent time catching his bearings.




Saw lots of lovely little olive trees




And loads of olives ready to eat




And the garlic looked great especially as there is little available in Perth right now and it is expensive. There was also lots of rosé garlic - I guess it is grown with the roses and had a lovely rose colour.




Lots of great mushroom varieties of course but this display was 8 euros a dish




Loved the colours of the artichokes




And of course loads of wonderful seafood - you can only look because you can't buy everything. We tasted meats - cheese - macaroons - fig jelly -




Strawberries looked appealing and I wish I had taken a photo of the bunches of chillies

I bought four packets of serviettes and 1 stamp - restrained but I didn't see anything else.

It rained towards the end but somehow the traders looked like they had done it all before. Pack up today and off to the next village tomorrow.



2 comments:

Heather said...

What a colourful sight those market stalls must be. So much more inviting than any supermarket, much as I love my favourite branch of Sainsbury's!

pascale putz said...

I hope you have a wonderful holiday after the stress at Ally Pally. The Lubéron is wonderful. I spend my holidays there every year as my mum lives near Apt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...