Workshops

Sunday, October 30, 2011

nice relaxing weekend



We have had a very nice relaxing weekend and even our front path is all tidied up and a few plants planted - some of my herbs misbehaved when we were away so they have been banished. The helicopters over Perth seemed to have quietened down a bit - maybe the d and d conference has ended - the Queen flew home yesterday. She is pretty remarkable for 85.

Last night we went to a fabulous concert - Teddy Tahu Rhodes and David Hobson - a couple of years ago when they performed I couldn't remember David's name and I got firmly reprimanded by David's no 1 fan and then totally ignored when I said his voice was a bit thin at the top. (from my previous life I do know a bit about music and singing and voice) - however I will take it all back because he was superb last night and of course Teddy has a voice to die for. So apart from the lady in front of us who smelt like a camphor box and took great trouble to open noisy sweets during a song rather than in between, it was a superb evening. I know I sound like the Grinch who stole Christmas but the smell made my eyes water and the crinkling - well......


Thanks for the comments about the circles - I thought the same but I needed to try it from in and out. I learnt something! I have made quite a few more - not sure the colour does much for me but I may cut them up - and think how I might use them. It was the idea and since I am teaching Hot Needles Cool Stitches embellishing workshop in Melbourne in January, I want to play with a few new ideas. These ones are on felt so it may make them too thick so I might do some more on polycotton. An idea for thought and further play.


I haven't done any stitching on my painted sample but I have created 2 more - this one uses gold metallic paints and Aliya, Isis and Kari Opulent paints



and this one copper flakes and Alizarin, Cierra and Mala. It gives me a chance to see how the three colours work together. These really are the most delicious paints.

Thanks for the comments on the Taster (and the orders) - remember each one will only be up for 5 days and then a new one will appear.

5 comments:

Peaceful Parallel said...

Hahahaa! thats hilarious! and I love your creativity, Bethx

Heather said...

I think people should be searched before entering theatres and concert halls and all crackly, rustly things confiscated! Smelly ones should be made to sit up in the gods!!
Those metallic samples are just heavenly - almost too lovely to stitch onto. Just look and enjoy.

Doreen G said...

Ah David Hobson--you lucky devil-I adore his voice and his face as well.I didn't realise that old ladies still kept their furs etc in camphor--didn't realise people still got all dolled up to go to the theatre either.
Must get out more.

Robin Mac said...

Oooh, I am so jealous, what a wonderful concert to attend, even with the horrid person in front of you!
Love all thesamples, thos paints are lovely to use. Cheers

ButtonMad said...

The metallic is striking. Lovely effect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...