Workshops

Monday, August 08, 2011

fun is over - work begins

When you go to a show you see a stand in all its glory and the last thing you worry about is what happened to get it all there and what happens when it ends? I know I always post pictures of our packing stuff and on palettes and shows with empty stands and then full ones but right now this is what the 'shop' looks like from one side. Very efficient, Kaz and Bruce helped us pack the van and car and then unpack everything into our house. We were all exceptionally quick and we went off to dinner afterwards (just sneaking a quick rerun of the rugby game before we went).

This is from the other side of the room and that's not what is stacked in our bedroom or the lounge or the dining room or the office. It all now gets sorted and the surplus goes to the warehouse and counting and reordering begins. In between we fit in the orders - we have got quite a few out today but I am finding things as I move and sort etc. Just in case you thought I had nothing to do and was relaxing. And of course someone came wanting something I was not prepared to hunt for - not until Thursday.....

We also had a big shipment of sari ribbon and other fibrous stuff on Thusrday which we sold lots of at the weekend - sari ribbon in Vanilla Beans is back plus two fabulous new colours in Forest and Iron Ore (well those colours and different shades of some of the others). Always exciting and today a second shipment arrived from a new company - multicoloured sari ribbon but it is all silk and quite different so have to pop those on the web as well.

Maybe we will pop out for dinner again and start early in the morning.
It was a fabulous show though and wonderful to see so many people and I really thought everyone had a flower stitcher when I set up to demo them yesterday - apparently not - they all sold bar one.  It is the best fun foot though. And it was extra special having Linda Baldock as out guest and I know so many people enjoyed watching her at work (play?) - she had crowds all the time. Wait until I make my Linda Bloomies...

If you really want to see what it looks like at a show at the very end, pop over to The Thread Studio facebook page and have a peep.... one very rested bear....


5 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I don't know how you even had the energy left to post! Glad the show was so successful.

SHELAGH FOLGATE said...

I'm gonna stop whinging (Pom) about my mess, all those boxes ahhhhh
http://shelaghfolgate.blogspot.com

Heather said...

It makes me feel tired just thinking about all that packing, demoing and then repacking and unpacking. Phew!! Glad it was all worthwhile. I am off to try and buy an adaptor for my Bernina so I can play with my flower stitcher. I got all ready to use it the other day and found I couldn't fit it to my machine. Grrrrr!

Judy said...

Dale,

Oh!boy, what a job you have for show, glad it was so sucessful. I so wish I could use my Flower Stitch Foot, really must save some pennies and buy a cheap machine to use it on, I couldn't bear to part with my Janome 6600P even for using my Flower Stitch Foot. Have a good rest when you are all packed away.

Judy said...

Dale,

Linda,s Bloomies are yummy and lucky you, Linda is certainly one talented lady.The thought of you moving all that stock twice in a week blows my mind, you and Ian are certainly hard works.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...