Workshops

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday morning signing in

Further progress with sari ribbon - it is actually sitting on a sari ribbon background - fiddly little piece but more to come with it so watch this space. I stitched this outside last night in the wind so it was a bit tricky - my scissors blew away and it took me ages to find them in the garden.


On Wednesday we went to the first ACO concert of the year (Australian Chamber Orchestra) - fabulous as always and Teddy Tahu Rhodes with his beautiful voice was the guest. The lady who used to sit next to us and who is now in a wheelchair has been able to be seated at the back of our section - she is always interested to know what we have been up to. Now Ian has a new very chatty lady sitting next to him.
Last night we went to the opening of the Perth Festival but found it all rather boring and a bit self indulgent so wandered off to Lido for a cheap eat - always quality food there. It is extremely windy at present - easterlies and not always as hot as you think. high fire alert today with a total fire ban so looks like our bbq tandoori chicken will be cooked in the oven.

Some more Bali pics. These are the rice paddies. Each year it is slightly different - plenty of water at present.

Misty morning after lightening and thunder - lots of lovely bush around Ubud.




My favourite lotus pond. I would like one like this is my back garden and keep talking about it.


Lots to do today - I have 20 kilos of Indian silk loom waste waiting for me to package and I really can't put it off any more. Then I have  Lesson 3 for hot Needles Cool Stitches to work on (nearly finished - lots more embellishing to do), and I want to play more with my painted Lutradur pieces and a new fabric I am exploring.

A reminder to go visit my entry below on One World One Heart and leave a comment if you haven't to be in the draw for a piece of work. It finishes on 17th Feb. Also go to our website and click on Gidday Quilters - it doesn't cost anything to participate (Australian entries only though sorry) and you could be in to win. And when you are searching our website for the ROO remember to look in Australian/NZ hand dyed threads - where else would you find a ROO?  Have fun! And don't forget to visit The Thread Studio facebook site and click Like  - last time I looked there were 449 fans - amazing....

7 comments:

Numinosity said...

I adore the sari silk ribbon lately. I even tried ironing it to a fusible product called Wonder Under with some success ( there's other similar products)

Nice to see your Bali pics, I'm lucky that I have a brother that lives in Ubud and I've gotten to visit him on occasion. Beautiful pics remind me of my visit.
xoxo Kim

Judy said...

Dale,

Love the Sari ribbons you are working on, those sizzling colours again. I wouldn't mind that lotus pool either bit cool down here for it though.

Doreen G said...

Yikes Dale I haven't even started lesson 2 yet-I have been too busy---well that's my story anyway.

Heather said...

Love the sari ribbon piece - mine is progressing slowly but is much bigger so taking longer. What a lovely face that singer has. Hope Perth keeps safe from fires - such a worry for you all. I feel what little energy I have draining away as I read all the things you are doing and still have to do. Can I have a transfusion please?!!!

Fulvia said...

Silk loom waste? Oh my, let the drooling and the ideas begin... I particularly enjoyed the 2nd photo because of the sudden 'tufts' of colour (ochre and wine almost) of the peeking foliage. Thanks, Dale.

Iz said...

So interesting reading about your life "down under" - including a long weekend on Bali! Stuff of dreams when stuck in a damp English winter....

Herm said...

do you sell Sari ribbons? i'm in CWB Jude's class and would love to have some!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...