Workshops

Sunday, February 20, 2011

a nice relaxing Sunday



Sometimes I get very involved in trying to do too many things at once in an effort to get some things of all the things I want to do, done. What with the breakfast for Ian's birthday, dinner for Ian's birthday (and he says thanks very much for all the good wishes by the way) and 2 games of rugby to watch (great game Crusaders and Blues and a very good result because it means the Blues might stay on fire this season and the Crusaders will always do well), I decided to try to start, continue and finish rather a few things. First I finished my sari ribbon cushion - the other side as well and all stitched up. I also finished all the samples for my next Let's Play book which I hope will go to the printers at the end of February - things always take so much longer than you think, and now I can carry on with the pieces for the next one.


Then I worked on quite a few little stitchy samples - slow but effective. I know why my studio never really gets tidy - I have so many little works in progress all over the place.

Then I decided to work with the Distress Inks and see how good I have been - I have labelled them so now i don't have to pick every one up to find the colour I want. I also made a colour chart on tags. Below I have been making  a little journal using newspaper from Waiheke Island when we were there. Newspaper is a good surface for a journal - and if you choose your subject it can be quite personal. I have coated the pages with gesso.

I have also been ghosting with the letter mask from Tim Holtz. Not such a clear image though.
The little journal is full of stamps and images and writing.


And I have been working hard with Evolon and Evolon Ultra Soft - this is surely a magical surface to work on. These ones have puff (Xpandaprint black) through a stencil and paint and stitch.

So a start to my tasks but I really need to clear my working space to play with a new medium of sorts I am desperate to try. Just needs a good hank of time.

Hope you had a good weekend too. The weather here has been rather lovely today - not so hot and not so humid.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Everything looks great, especially the cushion - glorious colours - and the Evolon samples. I have some but not got round to using it yet - how sad is that?! Glad your weather is more bearable. Ours is trying to make up it's mind as to whether it is spring yet but at least we are getting a few more milder days now.

Tracy Verdugo said...

Hi Dale..lovely to meet a fellow Aussie textile lover...I usually mix a bit of paint with mine but am sooooo drawn to the texture and pattern of so many textiles. I also participated in One World One Heart. What a great event...obviously i didnt get around to visit all participants but am glad i stumbled across your blog today..
Happy monday from across the country!
Tracy x

Judy said...

Dale,

Fascinating things you are working on, and love the stunning cushion from Sari ribbons. Glad you have a nice day there we are back to winter in Tassie, coolest summer for a while here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...