Workshops

Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Stuff

A most frustrating rugby game tonight for us and the Hurricanes. We missed 25mins becasue the keys we had didn't fit into Bruce and Kazuko's front door lock and then the ref was so very useless being whistle happy - so not a good result although they did finally get a bonus point.



I decided to make that piece of stitch the back of the front cover of my book. Tomorrow I am going to change tack as I want to work with my Stonehaven stuff but will think on the next page.

Tonight we are off to see the Teddy Tahu Rhodes concert - he has a great voice and is singing with another guy - piano accompaniment only not the WASO this time which should be very good indeed.

And it has been raining....

6 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

What a lovely book cover - it's nice how the twin needling has dropped back into the fabric and the larger stitches come forward. My mouth waters a those threads!

Gill G said...

What a lovely piece -shame it is being relegated to the back!!! and I agree, the Hurricanes were very hard done by and Goddard needs to reassess his referring - he loves the sound of his own whistle. Great rain.....

Hilary Metcalf said...

Err, the 'other guy' wouldn't be David Hobbs, would it?? He's not too bad either!

catsmum said...

It's a very long time since anyone has referred to David Hobson as " some other guy "
LOL

Alice said...

You're not a New Zealander are you, by any chance? That's the only excuse I can think of for an Australian to know about NZ born Teddy Tahu Rhodes, but refer to David Hobson, who has been one of Australia's most popular and highly acclaimed operatic tenors for the past TWO DECADES as .... some other guy.

Well, I guess you know who he is by now....and I hope you enjoy their new CD 'You'll Never Walk Alone' when you purchase it, as I'm sure you'll want to after seeing them in person.

Heather said...

I love what you have done with your book cover. Lovely colours, lovely textures and lovely threads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...