Workshops

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

some paris roses

My little Paris book is almost finished - just to spend tonight thinking about how I might bind it and then Ian will be photographing it and it will be all wrapped in time for the DHL man late tomorrow afternoon.... I ran out of the lovely braid I bought - shouldn't have been so mean and bought more although it was very expensive. These are my silk roses for one page - a little exercise in decision making. Sorry it is so light - I scanned it - but when Ian photographs it tomorrow I will show a little bit more. I hoe it passes the test.

Now I can think about Christmas - finish buying the presents, wrap them, do the shopping and then the cooking. Bought the eggs for the pavlova and icecream yesterady but we ate them for breakfast so will try again. And tonight we will be off to Kailis in the middle of the night without, I hope, the queues, to buy the seafood. Onwards and upwards.... until the next thing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is lovely. How did you form the roses? No wonder you were admiring those from your garden. You find so much inspiration around you! Look forward to seeing the photos Ian takes of the finished product.
Heather Mc

Penny said...

I agree it looks lovely, but Dale how can it all be left so late? I mean your christmas shopping etc, I suppose living in the city makes it easier. we have eaten tempura prawns tonight, the biggest prawns I have ever seen, bought abalone for Christmas day, and prawns and oysters, all done ahead of time so frozen but I really dont mind.
Heaven over here but we have been so busy nothing I brought with me to do is getting done!

artisbliss said...

Your roses are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Hope all the Christmas prep doesn't wear you to a frazzle. That's a lot to accomplish in a short time.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Heather said...

Your Paris roses are delightful and the book will be a great success. I'm looking forward to more photos. Have a lovely Christmas and don't wear yourself out getting ready for it!

Julie said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, Dale.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Have a happy one, Dale, and a great year in 2009.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...