Workshops

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Okay the sun will still come up

Okay - so the Hurricanes lost but the sun still came up and it will soon be next year. The Crusaders simply got themselves on fire and now I will support them in the final. Actually for anyone imagining that was enough of the rugby nonsense - the All Blacks play next. Sorry folks.

This week we received a huge shipment of sari ribbon and we have been busy updating the Sari Bits section on the web with new pics etc, so I thought I would iron out a bundle - all 50 metres - that took me quite a while I have to say. I have just tossed the pile on the scanner but then I have embellished them on felt. I love the way the fabrics have been torn so you get all the raggy edges. The embellisher is pretty quick to do this - about 10 - 15 minutes to cover the piece of felt.


And to finish - a little Wild Woman on a woven felted background. Not that you can see that the felt has been woven, but trust me....

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

I love your wild woman and when I enlarged the picture it was easy to see the felt was woven. I can see I am going to have to order some more bits, I really covet those Sari bits. Cheers, Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...