Workshops

Monday, June 11, 2007

Rust and Stuff


I am slowly pottering on my Rust theme - very slowly pottering - but today I got a shipment of Lois Jarvis's Rust-Tex cds for stock and I thoroughly enjoying the cd as a great reference point - I have only managed to watch a bit of it but I can see it is going to be most useful. I collected some rusty iron from Grant's house after the fire and keep meaning to wrap fabric up in it - it will be authentic genuine house fire rust or something......
Received a lot of parcels of goodies today including a pile of new metallic colour charts with some great variegated soft metallics - 12 ply and soft which would be superb for bobbin work or tassels or using the embellisher. More decisions to make. Our accountant came around for us to sign the tax forms and as always he was overwhelmed by all of the stuff - I think if you are not into textile art and stitching it is all rather too much. Ian has simply got used to it - after all it does dominate our lives.....
I spent the morning packaging and packing machine threads for Sydney and I don't want to see them again until we arrive in Sydney to set up. This is a very boring week for packing the containers but it has to be done and I am only working in the mornings - famous last words.... On Friday night we will be bale to stop and take a breather.

2 comments:

Liz Plummer said...

Rust is very addictive... I can't seem to walk past anything I see now without speculating on how it would look on fabric....

Helen from Canberra said...

Hi Dale,

I am quite interested in that rust CD. About 2 years ago I was given a little plastic bag full of iron filings but can't recall how to use them for rusting. I vaguely remember something about vinegar and salt but could be wrong. Of course the big problem will be, where to find the little plastic bag??

Cheers Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...