Workshops

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday Stuff


The first of the Opulent range has arrived. Jacinta has sent the Arabian Nights silk threads, silk tops and wool tops. They are quite yummy. The machine threads (those 2 winners need to wait patiently....) are nearly on the high sea. However more time is spent at Australian wharves than anywhere else I think. I am already thinking of a new project (and I shouldn't be indulging, just getting on with the tasks in hand - the BOOK)


We are having another bbq tonight. We invited our Italien friends, Luigi and Martien last night to help us with the lamb rumps but they couldn't come until today so we will be all lamb rumped out and will be needing to try something else tomorrow I think......

I managed to get a good selection of all the sequins packaged today to keep us out of mischief for a while. I am working on a storage system at our lockup for the silk and wool tops to make it easier for me to find what I need. Plus Ian is hassling me to move the last of my stuff out of my indoor studio so he can get it ready to be the office. Out of sight - out of mind, but I will.....honest.....

I have been spraying newspaper with Moonshadow Mist and stitching it to web painted felt for a new Shanghai vessel. Why does everyting take so long when you are in a hurry.....



I received 2 tags in the mail today - just as well I got my 4 off yeaterday. The top one is from Megan in NSW and the bottom from Liz in USA. These are from Patti Culea's Stargaze Tome group. They are designed to fit into one of her tomes.

Another piece of exciting news is that Beryl Taylor is coming to Perth as a guest at the Craft Quilt and Stitch Show in early August. I am really looking forward to meeting her.

3 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Yummy threads, I love the thin, medium and thick silks! Looking forward to seeing the metallics as well. I am sooooo jealous about Beryl Taylor, her book is one of my all time favourites!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I agree, very yummy threads, Dale.

Rowan said...

That'll be great!! I loved her book - it has had quite a big influence on me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...