Workshops

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

layered bag

I found this bag I started some years ago when I was clearing the last of my stuff out from inside. Metallic organza stitched onto organza and slashed then had stitching in places and lined with silk paper - I must have been feeling extravagant. It was a nice find - I may even finish it one day. I must have wanted to try some slashing. The metallic organza curls up nice when it is manipulated like that.

Ian is very busy cleaning out the inside room and planning our big move from the dining room. He went to buy the new table for me today so we can have our new dining room table only to find that we have to wait three weeks. The best plans of mice and men.......

Embarrased to say we are still watching the cricket - hopeless.

I take it all back - what a brilliant second half and NZ even got the bonus point. Good on ya, Danny Vettori and the others. And to think I really don't like cricket - it's like watching grass grow.......

3 comments:

Julaine said...

I'm so glad I discovered your blog - sorry it took so long. Your work is beautiful...you're creating some interesting pieces with the Lutradur...hope to see more!

Digitalgran said...

Love the bag Dale. I must try slashing(shame)
I agree with you about cricket like watching grass grow.

margaret said...

Organza certainly slashes up well! Is the bag three pieces stitched together? I'm trying to figure out what happens to the stripes round the back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...